15 lifts, 15 beers
On Monday the 15th of April my buddies and I took on a drinking challenge. We attempted to ride every chair lift while drinking a beer on everyone. For the record, between Whistler and Blackcomb there are 20 chairlifts (including T-Bars). So that's 20 beers. Here's how it went:
9AM: Dusty's Backside - Custom Valley breakfast (2 x Bacon, 3 x Sausage, 2 x Fried Eggs, 4 x toast)
- Creekside Gondola - 1 beer down
- Big Red Express - 2 beers down
- The Peak Chair - 3 beers down
- Symphony Express - 4 beers down
- Harmony Express - 5 beers down
- Emerald Express - 6 beers down
- Garbanzo Express - 7 beers down
1PM: Zoggs - Sausage Poutine
- Excalibur Gondola - 8 beers down
- Execrator Chair - 9 beers down
- Glacier Chair - 10 beers down
- Showcase T-Bar - 11 beers down
- Horseman T-Bar - 12 beers down
- 7th Heaven Express - 13 beers down
- Jersey Cream Express - 14 beers down
- Peak to Peak Gondola - 15 beers down
Our last lift was the Peak to Peak Gondola and it just happened to be the glass bottom carriage. When we arrived back on Whistler Mountain everything had closed and we were ushered down to Creekside by Patrol.
We only made it to 15 but time was against us. If we had another hour or so we could have done 20 for sure. The number of pee breaks didn't go in our favour but I guess that was down to the beer!
When we made it to the bottom we had a victory pitcher of Keiths Red Ale, while sitting out in the sun at Dusty's
Thanks to Brett, Ania, John, Anna, Ryan and Tarryn for the awesome day!
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that me, Ryan and Tarryn all did it in our onesies! Ahahaha.